Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Final Farewell

Today I post my last blog on Notes From The Trailer Park....we are finally moving into a real house!! Hallelujah and Buh-Bye Mobilehome "Estates"!!

Here's some of my favorite trailer park memories :)

*The Roof
One spring, we had alot of rain storms and the roof was leaking. Brad & our neighbor Brian went up there to inspect the damage. While they were walking around on the roof, I was sitting underneath them in the dining room talking on the phone....unfortunately for Brian, he happened to step in a soft spot and his legs came THRU the roof and into our dining room! He would have landed directly in the baby high chair had Brad not caught him!! I was startled and screamed, but of course afterwards I couldn't help but laugh at the site of legs dangling out of the ceiling.

*The "BBQs"
Some of our neighbors started having these "BBQs". I guess you could compare them to block parties but a little un-traditional in the presentation. The host trailer would load up a firepit (on the driveway) with some chopped wood, throw large amounts of beef and pork onto his bbq grill and crank up the country music! I was hesitant about joining the bbq's, thinking I'd stick out amongst the blue jeans, boots, & beer bottles but I was actually able to get in touch with my inner hillbilly. Sure, I got teased cause I didn't like drinkin beer but they got me to try beer brauts (mmmm yummy!) and managed to convert me into a country music fan.

*The BathTub
I got a wild idea to convert our laundry room into a scrapbooking room! That meant, moving our washer/dryer to the master bathroom and REMOVING the giant circle tub which usually served as a laundry hamper :) Brad talked his friend Kevin into coming over to help with that project; the two of them fired up the tools and sawed that tub in half! They proceeded to open up the bathroom windows and throw chunks of tub into the yard. It was truly a "trailer trash" moment.

*The Neighbors
The needy one. The scary one. I will never forget the neighbors who...
Always walked around in the street barefoot and half dressed.
Always rode their bikes around with their little dogs in the front baskets.
Always smoked outside in their pajamas at noon.
Always got in trouble with the law and once had 7 squat cars surrounding his trailer.
Always went for walks with me and encouraged me to exercise.
Always drove less then 5 mph and continually held up traffic in the trailer park.

And the final trailer park countdown....

10. Window Air conditioners
9. Floor Vents
8. The "Clubhouse"
7. Attack of the termites
6. Smokey & the Pj's
5. The dreaded "Raising The Space Rent" letter
4. Guest Parking Spaces
3. Park Power Outages
2. Double Wide vs Triple Wide
1. Trying to sell our mobile home with atleast 6 different Realtors and none were successful.

0 comments: